Our social media plan shows 6-12th grade students how to focus on their future while being positive on social media
Planning Your Student's Message
Students learn how to plan their future career goals and develop the message they want colleges (and employers) to discover about them
Creating A Positive Portfolio
Hands-on training to build a digital portfolio that helps students share their projects and accomplishments
Creating A College Friendly Footprint
Hands-on training to launch your student's new portfolio into a public website that will get discovered on Google (by colleges and future employers)
Why should middle and high school students start building a positive digital resume?
38% of college admissions officers say what they find online has a positive impact on prospective students (according to 2019 Kaplan research).
- If you wait too long, it might be too late for Google to notice your positive digital footprint in time for the college admissions process
- If colleges can’t find you online, they may move on to other candidates
- If you rely solely on your college application (GPA and standardized answers) then colleges won’t be able to see all the positive and unique projects you are involved in
- If you don't follow a proven process when building your digital resume, other people (with similar names) might continue to dominate your Google results
- If your social media sites aren’t correctly pointing at your digital portfolio, your digital footprint may not be discovered
If you take the right steps to Shine Online™, you can compete with applicants all over the world and impress colleges and future employers.
What students and families think of our program after learning to Shine Online™
"In addition to using Instagram, Twitter and Facebook as a portfolio, Josh gave students pointers that helped to keep their information private. Everyone left with a clear road map that they can use for the next few months to make sure they shine online."
–Tracy Rampy, Educator, Southeast Kansas Education
“Josh was so helpful and I was able to learn so much about how to create a positive digital footprint. His training makes it easier to organize your talents/projects in a way that colleges aren’t able to see in essays.”
–Emmy R., High School Student
"Our kids were relieved to have someone tell them, 'hey, it's great to use it (social media) and you can brand yourself in a positive way for future college, career and volunteer endeavors.' Rather than 'it's bad, stay away from it, etc...'"
–Mollie McNally, Blue Valley High School, Assistant Principal
Our Workshops Are Part Of Our Smart Social Community
How schools benefit from this program
We take a positive approach to social media and create fun, easy to follow videos and training guides that engage students in the classroom.
Reduce the negative impact of a student's social media post hurting your community
Minimize stress on parents by creating a plan that protects each family at home and at school
Create a positive digital culture on campus that promotes healthy screen time habits
Establish a roadmap for your students' social media education
Turn your students into positive examples of students who help others
Learn how to teach students to use social media for good
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the program work?
Once you sign up, you'll instantly get access to the lesson plans and classroom videos. Then, you'll work with our team to create a schedule to set "check points" (aka: workshops) to meet your goals. At the designated "check points" Josh will work with your students during a video mentoring/training session. Every school who signs up for the program will also receive support from the SmartSocial.com Team.
What is included with the program?
- 3-step program complete with text lesson plans - Easy for instructors to implement
- Follow-along video tutorials - Students get over-the-shoulder training from Josh Ochs
- Classroom live-mentoring sessions with Josh Ochs - Answering any questions students have
- Unlimited support from the SmartSocial.com Team - Community feedback and expert support from our team
- Marketing kit to promote the program to your community - Save time and promote the value of this program to parents
How much does it cost to bring this program to my school?
Every school has different needs. Fill out our form to request a quote.
What if we don't have enough time to dedicate to the program?
Consider hiring Josh Ochs to host social media safety presentations for students and parents to train your whole school in as little as 1 day.
I'm a parent, how can my children use this program at home?
Parents can use this program at home by signing up here!