Parent Speech Preview
Parent Module/Speech Details:
- 60 minute video you can show at an existing parent night
- Top 30 good and bad apps
- Dialog tips for parents + kids
- Proven strategies that protect kids (better than any other parent talk in the country, or your money back)
- Get a 30 day Parent University discount code to equal $1 for the first one month for individual parent subscriptions
Student Speech Preview
Student/Classroom Module/Speech Details:
- Classroom videos showing Josh’s student speech he presents to 30,000 students every year
- 7 minute segments you can screen in homeroom and ask questions before or after
- How to search for yourself online
- How to post on Instagram in a positive way
- How to lose an opportunity with one social media post
Staff Training Module
Staff Training Module Details:
- 30 minute video about creating a positive online footprint
- Real examples of someone who lost their job with social media posts
- How staff can set a good example for peers and students
- Buy all three modules and get a 60 days of Parent University for just $1 per month
Josh Ochs' Techniques Are Regularly Featured On The News
See What Principals and Staff Say About The Speech:
About Josh Ochs
Josh Ochs is the author of 6 books that teach people how to shine online and he teaches Tweens and Teens how to be safe and smart on social media.
With a background in marketing at Disney and a love for all things technology, Josh Ochs combines both to help teens and tweens use social media as a portfolio of positive accomplishments. Josh travels the nation speaking to over 30,000 students each year sharing with them tips they can use to create a positive online presence. Josh’s book: “Light, Bright and Polite for Teens” teaches kids of all ages that everything they post on social media will eventually be discovered by their parents, teachers, their school Principal and someday colleges and employers. He shows families and teenagers practical examples they can use to always keep it “Light, Bright and Polite” on by posting photos of community volunteer projects that will help them shine online. Watch some of his videos at SmartSocial.com
Josh has been quoted and featured as a source in Forbes, CBS News, KTLA, KFWB radio, is a guest lecturer at USC and UCLA and a frequent personality on radio shows nationwide. He lives and works in Los Angeles where he was born and raised.
See What Parents Say About Josh Ochs' Presentations
Want Josh Ochs to fly to your city and speak at your school? Watch the video below for more information:
See What Josh's Clients Say About His Speeches
Greenbush hired Josh to train 2,700 students in local districts on social media safety. Josh kept all of our Teens and Tweens engaged and showed them clear examples they can use to impress colleges and employers on social media. In addition to using Instagram, Twitter and Facebook as a portfolio, Josh gave students pointers that helped to keep their information private. Everyone left with a clear road map that they can use for the next few months to make sure they shine online. We look forward to having Josh back in the future to visit our students again.
- Tracy Rampy, Educational Technology, Southeast Kansas Education Service Center - Greenbush
A letter to parents from the Principal:
Hello PVIS Community,
Today all students had the privilege to attend an assembly with speaker Josh Ochs whose message focused on digital citizenship and how it can affect their future. Josh’s message was simple yet very powerful and he followed up with real life situations that have occurred to individuals that weren’t very pleasant.
I know that sometimes assemblies are not taken seriously by kids, but I think this one hit home for quite a few. I think that because as I returned to the office between presentations I witnessed our three office monitors on their phones googling themselves which was one of the topics discussed by Josh.
Please follow up with your kids tonight. I think it will be a good discussion.
- Frank Califano, Principal, Palos Verdes Intermediate School
Josh, Thank you so much for spending the past two days with the Blue Valley High School Tiger community. You have really helped open the eyes of so many as to how there is a good and safe way to navigate and survive the digital world of social media. Our kids were relieved to have someone tell them, "hey, it's great to use it (social media) and you can brand yourself in a positive way for future college, career and volunteer endeavors." Rather than "it's bad, stay away from it, etc..." You enlightened many students and adults to things we had never considered on the topic of safety.
This is one great proactive way we can combat cyber bullying; showing kids how to do it right and explaining how doing it "the other way" can having lasting impact beyond getting in trouble with your parents or school.
- Mollie McNally, Blue Valley High School, Assistant Principal