Our Digital Driver's Ed Helps Families:
Driving Safety on Social Media
Students and parents learn how to spot good and bad apps and how others can hurt you online (even if you're staying in your own lane)
Connecting with Friends In a Positive Way
We show students how to be happy online. Our mental health content shows them how to balance the positive side social media and how to look out for bullying, screen time addiction, and more.
Using Google To See Your Online Brand
Even if a student isn't online, we show them how other people (who might look like them) are damaging their online brand. This opens a dialog about social media behaviors.
Mapping Out Your Reputation by Building a Private Portfolio
We teach students how to plan their route and turn their activities into an online portfolio so they know what they are good at (and make wise decisions)
Getting The Car On The Road And Building Your Public Footprint
We teach students how to turn all of their social media accounts (and private portfolio) into a positive high-school resume to get noticed by colleges and future employers.
Our lessons save parents and educators YEARS of frustration:
Members Unlock Past Lessons: Learn 5 Positive Examples of Students Using Instagram in Middle School & High School
- Why your student's Instagram account is becoming their new portfolio resume that colleges and future employers will look at
- How to use the positive activities/projects students are already doing to create a private portfolio on Instagram
- How students can use Instagram stories to share their experiences
- How to colleges and employers will search for students (and find their Instagram)
- How to hide bad photos without deleting them
- How to caption photos to make sure each photo is helping explain your personality
- How private Instagram accounts can be viewed by almost anyone online
- How to work WITH your friends to be positive and help each other shine online
Unlock all of our 50+ videos to protect your family (cancel anytime)
What parents say about the Smart Social Community:
About your instructor: Josh Ochs
Josh Ochs is the author of the bestselling book “Light, Bright and Polite” and he travels the country teaching 30,000 tweens and teens how to shine online to impress colleges and future employers.
With a background in marketing at Disney, Josh is no stranger to the realities of marketing himself in a way to quickly win over others. Josh has been quoted and featured in Forbes, CBS News, KTLA, KFWB radio, is a guest lecturer at USC and UCLA and a frequent personality on TV/Radio shows nationwide.
He will teach you how to...
– Discover how kids can be positive on social media
– Learn the hidden parts of each app in our short tutorials
– Get dialog tips on how to talk with your kids about each app
– Learn from digital safety expert interviews each month
Josh's techniques help students use their devices with a purpose, not just a pastime. He shows students how to impress colleges and employers by creating a positive resume using their social media accounts. He also speaks to thousands of parents each year to help them overcome their frustrations with screen time addiction and social media safety.
Join our LIVE lessons to ask Josh Ochs any questions you have
- Join for free from anywhere using your phone or computer
- Share this free event with your community so they can register for free
- 2 hours before the event, Josh will email you a personal link to join
- Join our membership community to watch a replay (if you can't make the live event)
Share this event with your community:
What parents say about our community:
My daughter enjoyed your style of teaching. Thanks for making this easy for me to show her the warnings!
- A dad of a middle school daughter
Each week in Smart Social Membership:
BONUS: Register and Get Access To All Of Josh Ochs' Digital Safety Books
Join the Smart Social Community to Get A Free PDF Copy of All Of Josh's Books
(a $75 Value):
- Your students will learn why (and how) you need to monitor your online brand
- How to be authentic, yet post in a way that protects your image
- When social media can hurt, and help your career
- How to express yourself while managing your online image
- The top 5 social networks that help you shine online
“This class was a very helpful eye opener on the apps that are popular with my students.”
“This is great info, thanks for giving me some ideas on how to start a dialog with my teen!”
“Good info for any parent or educator who wants to learn about the 9 bad apps for teens. Keep up the good work!”
“Thanks for the parent university! Tons of great info that can help me keep my students safe.”