ZeeMee App Review For Parents & Students
Parents and Teachers: This app is listed in the SmartSocial.com Green Zone.
We believe this app is a STARTING POINT for your student, but that you must monitor your student on every app they are on. Join our weekly newsletter to learn about the 100+ App Reviews at SmartSocial.com
Parents and Teachers: Please note this app is listed in the SmartSocial.com Gray Zone.
Parents should participate in these apps with students to keep them safe.
Join our weekly newsletter to learn about the 100+ App Reviews at SmartSocial.com
Parents and Teachers: This app is listed in the SmartSocial.com Red Zone. We believe this app is not safe for students to use without adult supervision. Join our weekly newsletter to learn about the 100+ App Reviews at SmartSocial.com
Parents and Teachers: This app is listed as a Dangerous Social Media Challenge. Knowing about social media challenges before your teen does can help you keep them safe before an incident occurs. Join our weekly newsletter to learn about the 100+ App Reviews at SmartSocial.com
Designed to bring students’ college applications to life, ZeeMee is a platform for students and colleges. ZeeMee is a free app that allows students to showcase themselves for college admissions, through photos and videos.
What is ZeeMee?
Profiles on ZeeMee can be made private and unsearchable online so that only those with the link will be able to see them.
- Students can connect with each other on the app, based on interests and passions
- Profiles can be made private and unsearchable online, so that only those with the link will be able to see them
- Once a student is accepted to a college, they can upload their acceptance letter to ZeeMee which grants them access to pick roommates and join their college’s ZeeMee group
College admissions statistics
⅓ of admissions officers said they’d discovered something negative on social media that hurt an applicant’s chances of acceptance, the same percentage said they found details, such as leadership roles or community service, that reflected positively on an applicant. Source: Time.com
ZeeMee in the news
ZeeMee allows students to integrate photos and videos to tell a personal narrative and to be seen as more than a score in the application process. NBC
Each applicant’s ZeeMee page becomes, in effect, a custom profile or portfolio that students can curate over time for admissions purposes. Forbes
Why should parents care?
Students need to have a positive online presence in order to stand out in the college admissions process.
- The college admissions process can become overwhelming, especially if your student wants to showcase extracurricular activities such as sports, drawing, or dancing
- This app offers students the chance to showcase their passions for their college application
- Students need to have a positive online presence in order to stand out in the college admissions process
- Whether they have a desire to create a ZeeMee account or not, students will have to start curating a digital footprint that positively showcases their skills and achievements
What can parents do?
Motivate your student to only use social networks that positively impact their digital footprint.
- When you’re ready for your student to be online, read our Popular App Guide for Parents and Educators
- Learn how students can start using the apps in our Green Zone to build a positive online portfolio of accomplishments
- Encourage your students to pursue extracurricular activities that they’re passionate about
- Find creative ways for students to showcase those extracurricular activities online, in a positive way
- Remind your teen to always be Light, Bright & Polite online; whether that’s on ZeeMee, Facebook, LinkedIn or any other social network
- Motivate your student to only use social networks that positively impact their digital footprint
Share Your Thoughts With Our Team
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *