Prezi App Guide for Students to Shine Online
Parents and Teachers: This app is listed in the SmartSocial.com Green Zone.
We believe this app is a STARTING POINT for your student, but that you must monitor your student on every app they are on. Join our weekly newsletter to learn about the 100+ App Reviews at SmartSocial.com
Parents and Teachers: Please note this app is listed in the SmartSocial.com Gray Zone.
Parents should participate in these apps with students to keep them safe.
Join our weekly newsletter to learn about the 100+ App Reviews at SmartSocial.com
Parents and Teachers: This app is listed in the SmartSocial.com Red Zone. We believe this app is not safe for students to use without adult supervision. Join our weekly newsletter to learn about the 100+ App Reviews at SmartSocial.com
Parents and Teachers: This app is listed as a Dangerous Social Media Challenge. Knowing about social media challenges before your teen does can help you keep them safe before an incident occurs. Join our weekly newsletter to learn about the 100+ App Reviews at SmartSocial.com
Table of Contents
Prezi is a presentation software that allows users to create and share visually engaging slide presentations through a website at Prezi.com.
What is Prezi?
- Presentation software that allows users to create and share visually engaging slide presentations through a website
- To create a presentation, users select a template, customize the presentation, adjust the layout, and add content
- Presenter view offers the ability to write verbal cues and notes to guide the presenter, as well as a timer function to help the presenter keep pace
- Similar to Google apps, teams can edit presentations together in real time
- Users can insert images, videos, icons, graphs, shapes, or text into their presentation
- Zoom animations can be added as transitions throughout a presentation
- To share a presentation, users send a public link
Why should parents care?
- Unless your student has a paid account, all Prezi presentations are public online
- Prezi has a searchable database of public presentations. Although the app is for educational purposes only, presentations can contain inappropriate content and explicit images
- Prezi can help students make engaging presentations for school, extracurricular activities, or volunteering events
- Having a positive, insightful, and well designed presentation can showcase a student’s passion and knowledge on a specific subject. Presentations like these can create a positive digital footprint for a student
Prezi.com in the News
Harvard researchers found Prezi significantly more organized, engaging, persuasive and effective than both PowerPoint and presentations with no visual aids. –eWeek
Prezi doesn't work for everyone and has limitations with regards to fonts and other elements on the basic subscription options. –Forbes
Student presentation ideas:
- Create a presentation of your resume and walk people through your experience and education
- Presenting your resume is a great way to use visuals to tell your story for the college admissions process, internships, and summer jobs
- Showcase your progress in a hobby and share what you’ve learned along the way. Some examples are:
- Teach others something you are knowledgeable about like playing an instrument or speaking a second language
- If you’ve volunteered recently, share your experience and thank the organization you worked with
What can parents do?
- When you’re ready for your student to be online, encourage them to use apps and websites like Prezi that positively impact their digital footprint
- Teach your children to keep all of their online content Light, Bright & Polite™
- Remind your student that all of their presentations are public and can be found online
- Have a discussion with your student and help them determine what kind of presentations they should create to help them shine online
Share Your Thoughts With Our Team
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *