How We Make Social Media Safety App Guides & How Parents Can Research Social Media Apps
Parents and Teachers: This app is listed in the SmartSocial.com Green Zone.
We believe this app is a STARTING POINT for your student, but that you must monitor your student on every app they are on. Join our weekly newsletter to learn about the 100+ App Reviews at SmartSocial.com
Parents and Teachers: Please note this app is listed in the SmartSocial.com Gray Zone.
Parents should participate in these apps with students to keep them safe.
Join our weekly newsletter to learn about the 100+ App Reviews at SmartSocial.com
Parents and Teachers: This app is listed in the SmartSocial.com Red Zone. We believe this app is not safe for students to use without adult supervision. Join our weekly newsletter to learn about the 100+ App Reviews at SmartSocial.com
Parents and Teachers: This app is listed as a Dangerous Social Media Challenge. Knowing about social media challenges before your teen does can help you keep them safe before an incident occurs. Join our weekly newsletter to learn about the 100+ App Reviews at SmartSocial.com
Table of Contents
Our Parent App Guides are based on real questions we get from parents and educators all over the world. Instead of keeping our research private, we share our Parent App Guides with our audience.
How we make Parent App Guides
- There is no safety resource that is better at protecting your kids than being on the apps that your children use and having an open dialog. Our Parent App Guides teach you how to navigate the apps your children are using and how they can impact your student (positively or negatively)
- We find the hidden parts of apps where students might hide their activity from their parents and we take note of any dangers we come across on the app
- For every App Guide, we try to find what real parents have to say about the app
- In addition to providing education around each specific app, we provide safety tips, major news articles, and conversation starters in every Parent App Guide
How is our research conducted?
- Our team downloads the app and spends an entire business day learning how the app works and how students would use it
- We focus on hidden features, private messaging, security settings, and how the app will impact your digital footprint
- Then, we search Google News to see what others are saying about the app
- We research what reputable organizations have to say about any negative outcomes associated with using the app
Why is it important to highlight and provide truth to a trend people think is fake?
- Your kids will believe popular trends, even if they are fake
- In our experience, social media challenges (like the Blue Whale Challenge) can start off as a hoax but then gain attention online (which gets many students taking the challenge seriously)
- Learning about viral social media challenges before your children can help you keep them safe (and prevent them from trying the challenge with their friends)
How can you request us to make a Parent App Guide?
Share Your Thoughts With Our Team
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *