Learn the dangers inside of TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, Fortnite, Minecraft, Roblox (and more).
Support us by becoming a VIP Member to learn how to navigate every popular social media app to stay safe so they can shine online (and have fun)!
VIP LIVE Events For Members (Register Here):
- Family Kick Off Event: Get a cursory overview of TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat, Netflix, Discord, Twitch, iPhones, Androids, and more.
- May13th @ 4PM Pacific/7PM Eastern (45 minutes with Q&A)
- Social Media Agreement Workshop: For Parents & Students-Working together to build healthy habits and everyone will leave with a custom agreement for their family!
- May 20th @ 4PM Pacific/7PM Eastern (45 minutes with Q&A)
- Navigating Instagram: For Parents & Students
- May 27th @ 4PM Pacific/7PM Eastern (45 minutes with Q&A)
- Navigating TikTok: For Parents & Students
- June 3rd @ 4PM Pacific/7PM Eastern (45 minutes with Q&A)
- Navigating Snapchat: For Parents & Students
- June 10th @ 4PM Pacific/7PM Eastern (45 minutes with Q&A)
- Navigating Fortnite, Overwatch, Call of Duty & Video Games: For Parents & Students
- June 17th @ 4PM Pacific/7PM Eastern (45minutes with Q&A)
- Navigating Roblox & Minecraft: For Parents & Students
- June 24th @ 4PM Pacific (45 minutes with Q&A)
- Navigating LinkedIn: For Parents & Students-How students can shine online using this important site to start a resume for college
- July 1st @ 4PM Pacific/7PM Eastern (45 minutes with Q&A)
Members Only Live Zoom Events:
Family Kickoff Events:
Navigating Social Media For Students & Parents (So Students Can Someday Shine Online)
(A Live Zoom Event For Parents & Students 9-18 Years)
Students Have Fun Learning How To Navigate Hidden App Settings & Why They Need To Build A Portfolio For Their Future
Parents, bring your students to discover the hidden safety features/dangers on the most popular apps as you stay safe together (and use social media with a positive purpose).
Students will learn how their online footprint will impact their future opportunities for colleges, internships, and careers. Students will leave with an understanding of how an online portfolio can display their projects, skills, goals, and more.
Members Only Videos:
VIP Video Library
(Pause, Rewind, And Learn At Your Own Pace)
Access Dozens Of Online Safety & Shine Online Lessons
Students learn how to safely navigate Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok, iPhones, Androids, Netflix, Pinterest (and more). Watch on any device on any schedule.
What parents say about the VIP Membership at SmartSocial.com
Thank you for all the information, we made a bunch of changes on our side. I really like your research, I will share. - Hilary (Mom of 2)
Appreciate this so much! - Justine (Mom of 11 year old & 12 year old)
I just updated all our profiles on Netflix using these tips. - Mom of 2
Our VIP Membership Teaches Students These Values:
Driving Safely on Social Media
Students and parents learn how to spot good and bad apps and how others can hurt you online (even if you're staying in your own lane)
Connecting with Friends In a Positive Way
We show students how to be happy online. Our mental health content shows them how to balance the positive side social media and how to look out for bullying, screen time addiction, and more.
Teaching Students To Use Google To See Your Online Brand
Even if a student isn't online, we show them how other people (who might look like them) are damaging their online brand. This opens a dialog about social media behaviors.
Mapping Out Your Reputation by Building a Private Portfolio
We teach students how to plan their route and turn their activities into an online portfolio so they know what they are good at (and make wise decisions)
Building Your Public Footprint
We teach students how to turn all of their social media accounts (and private portfolio) into a positive high-school resume to get noticed by colleges and future employers
Our Lessons Save Parents and Educators YEARS of Frustration:
Unlock all of our 30+ videos to protect your family (cancel anytime)
About your instructor: Josh Ochs
Josh Ochs is the author of the bestselling book “Light, Bright and Polite” and he travels the country teaching 30,000 tweens and teens how to shine online to impress colleges and future employers.
With a background in marketing at Disney, Josh is no stranger to the realities of marketing himself in a way to quickly win over others. Josh has been quoted and featured in Forbes, CBS News, KTLA, KFWB radio, is a guest lecturer at USC and UCLA and a frequent personality on TV/Radio shows nationwide.
He will teach you how to...
– Discover how kids can be positive on social media
– Learn the hidden parts of each app in our short tutorials
– Get dialog tips on how to talk with your kids about each app
– Learn from digital safety expert interviews each month
Josh's techniques help students use their devices with a purpose, not just a pastime. He shows students how to impress colleges and employers by creating a positive resume using their social media accounts. He also speaks to thousands of parents each year to help them overcome their frustrations with screen time addiction and social media safety.
What parents say about our community:
My daughter enjoyed your style of teaching. Thanks for making this easy for me to show her the warnings!
- A dad of a middle school daughter
Each week in Smart Social VIP Membership:
Step 1: Learn how to find out who has been posting under your student's name
(and why that will confuse colleges/internships/employers when they search online)
How Your Family Can Uncover Your Student's REAL Google Results
Josh Ochs teaches you how employers/colleges and future opportunities will see you online
Follow along as Josh simplifies why your kids need to care about their online image
Step 2: How to create a plan that will keep your family on track to get your student into the college of their dreams (and the career they want)
This Proven Plan Will Reduce Arguments, Focus Screen Time and Turn Your Student's Device into a Purpose Instead of a Pass Time
Let's get your family on the same page and working towards the same goals
We will give you dialog-starters and get your student planning their future
Cell Phone Contract Class
Our cell phone contract training video helps your kids understand the consequences of possible mistakes
Watch our 5 minute family video WITH your kids to show them WHY they need to be safe online. Josh will be the "Bad Cop" that tells your kids what to do (and you can be the Good Cop).
Step 3: Learn the skills your student NEEDS to build a positive resume (for now and later)
Learn why Google wants you to slowly build a positive online resume
(and how your student should set up the top 10 productive networks)
Follow along as Josh simplifies what networks your student should be on
Social Media Resume Building Class (For Students)
Watch these videos WITH your middle school/high school students so they know how to build a positive online presence (even if they don't currently have these networks)
Your students will learn how to set up these networks: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Medium.com, Twitter, Pinterest, and many more.
BONUS: Register and Get Access To All Of Josh Ochs' Digital Safety Books
Join the Smart Social Community to Get A Free PDF Copy of All Of Josh's Books
(a $75 Value):
- Your students will learn why (and how) you need to monitor your online brand
- How to be authentic, yet post in a way that protects your image
- When social media can hurt, and help your career
- How to express yourself while managing your online image
- The top 5 social networks that help you shine online
Join Josh in 2021 To Learn These Topics:
Learn what your kids are doing online (and who is tagging them in content)!
Learn what your kids are doing online (even before they are on social media)
How to get your kids off their screens (and planning their future)
Work with us to plan your student's PURPOSE, PASSION and PROJECTS to get them to focus on how they want to appear online
How to keep your kids positive online protect your family image for the future
We work with your student to turn their plan into a website. Then we show them how to eventually make their Instagram an extension of their website
This program is guaranteed to protect your family in 90 days
Your whole family will be safer online (and you will be able to plan for college starting in Middle School)