In this video we outline how teens can be safe and smart on Facebook.
Here are our best Social Media Safety tips:
- Don’t include your middle name on your Facebook page (or any social media account).
- Don’t check in at home on social media.
- Don’t let your BFF check in at your house.
- Don’t share your vacation plans or dates on social media (this helps burglars know when to visit your home).
- Ask your friends to keep your info private on social media.
- Teachers and Principals can eventually see your page, everything you write can be discovered (so don’t break the rules at school).
- Party pictures can spread like wildfire (not just on Facebook). Be very careful where you spend your time with your friends. If you get tagged in a photo at a party and people are found to be drinking, you will get called into the Principal’s office (even if you weren’t behaving badly).
What are your biggest struggles or tips on social media safety? Share them in the comment box below.
Watch our Social Media Safety Guides for students, parents, and teachers.