In this video we outline how teens can be safe and smart on Facebook.
Here are our best Social Media Safety tips:
- Don’t include your middle name on your Facebook page (or any social media account).
- Don’t check in at home on social media.
- Don’t let your BFF check in at your house.
- Don’t share your vacation plans or dates on social media (this helps burglars know when to visit your home).
- Ask your friends to keep your info private on social media.
- Teachers and Principals can eventually see your page, everything you write can be discovered (so don’t break the rules at school).
- Party pictures can spread like wildfire (not just on Facebook). Be very careful where you spend your time with your friends. If you get tagged in a photo at a party and people are found to be drinking, you will get called into the Principal’s office (even if you weren’t behaving badly).