Student Overview: Learn the Hidden Features of TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat, iPhones, Androids, and More
In this student-friendly episode Josh Ochs talks to students in a middle school teaching them how to Shine Online. He shares some anti-bullying tips, Instagram safety, Google footprint tactics and more.
Key Takeaways from the Digital Safety Speech from Josh Ochs
- You are the manager of your own account. Every day, when you post online you can have fun but you can add or delete little parts of it and you can change your brand
- Be your vibrant self online
- Before you respond on Instagram or on email; ask yourself if this is Light, Bright and Polite™
Student speech intro (Module 1 video)
During the presentation, kids learn how to use social media as their resume
- How colleges uses Google to search for you online
- Positive and fun ways to be on Instagram
- Four influential people on social media today
- How to get fired from work with just one tweet
Valuable advice for students who have younger siblings:
If you have younger siblings, ask these 4 questions to keep them Safe Online:
- Is it okay to share your password with your best friend?
- Is it okay to talk to someone online your parents don’t know?
- If I see bullying online and I click like on that post, does that mean that I’m bullying also?
- If I see something bad online who should I tell?
Building your online brand with a portfolio (Module 2 video)
How colleges will search for you online (Module 3 video)
3 step plan to take charge of how you look online
- If you posted it, you can take it down
- If your friends posted it, politely ask them to take it down
- If somebody else that you don’t know posted it and it’s hurting your story, then that’s when you talk to your parents
Positive Instagram post ideas (Module 4 video)
Search for four celebrities to see their online brand (Module 5 video)
How to get fired with one post (Module 6 video)
Are your students ready to Shine Online?
The SmartSocial.com Student Branding Academy walks students through planning their online identity, building an online portfolio, designing their own Google search results, and more! Visit SmartSocial.com/sba for more information!
Comment below to let us know what you think, what you learned, or if you have any other questions the SmartSocial team can help you answer!
Share Your Thoughts With Our Team
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *