Getting Started with Your SmartSocial Membership
Welcome to your SmartSocial membership!
Our mission at SmartSocial.com is to teach parents and educators how to navigate social media WITH their students instead of against their students. Our programs keep students safe so they can someday Shine Online!
Our courses cover the most popular topics parents, educators, and students need to know to stay safe and Shine Online. Course categories include:
- Parent & Student Training
- Educator Training
- Shine Online Tips
- Gaming Tips
- App Navigation Tips
What your membership includes
- On-demand courses including videos and exclusive member worksheets available at SmartSocial.com/members
- Live events with Josh Ochs and the SmartSocial team to show you the most recent social media dangers and tips and to answer your questions
- Download copy of the most current version of the Digital Citizenship Techniques book
How to use your membership WITH your students
Many of the SmartSocial courses are designed for parents, educators, AND students. We encourage you to watch the student and parent/student videos WITH your students so everyone has the same understanding of the dangers and tips for each app.
Parent/educator only videos are not intended for student viewing as we reveal some of the "hidden" features of apps students may already know that adults often don't know about.
How to access SmartSocial membership materials on-demand
- Login at SmartSocial.com/members
- Scroll through the list of courses
OR click on any of the categories to sort by course type
- Click on "Take this course>>" to access course materials
Our most popular courses are:
- SmartPhone & Social Media Agreement (A Course for Students & Parents)
- The Positive Effects of Student Social Media & Screen Time
- The Negative Effects of Student Social Media & Screen Time
- Navigating TikTok (A Course for Students & Parents)
- Navigating Instagram (A Course for Students & Parents)
- Navigating Snapchat (A Course for Students & Parents)
- Navigating College Readiness on Social Media Networks
How to register for live member events
- View the upcoming live dates in the VIP Live Events page
- Click the registration link to save your spot and receive your Zoom link and event reminders!
- Don't forget to add the live event date and time on your family calendar
Comment or ask questions in any lesson
The bottom of every lesson is a comment box. Leave your questions and a member of the SmartSocial team will research and answer your questions there! Or, contact us anytime with additional questions: Contact the SmartSocial team
Is your student ready to Shine Online?
The SmartSocial.com Student Branding Academy breaks all the steps and tips down into six digestible lessons. Students will start by learning why it is important to know what their Google search shows and how to search like colleges or employers.
Josh walks students step-by-step through planning their online identity to building their own online portfolio that is discoverable on Google. Visit SmartSocial.com/sba for more information!
Comment below to let us know what you think, what you learned, or any questions!
Share Your Thoughts With Our Team
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *