- It all starts with the home screen (where Snapchat encourages you to take a photo or video)
- Then, if you swipe left, you get access to your private messages/chat inbox (Snaps)
- When you are reading private snaps, you are taken one screen to the left to the individual chats (dissapearing content)
- When you swipe to the right of the home screen you will find stories. These are the “public” feeds of those you follow. They live online for 24 hours and can be replayed (and then expire).
- When you swipe one more time to the right you get to the New Stories/Discover feature of the app. This often contains inappropriate content (not suitable for 11-13 year olds).
- When you swipe from the top to the bottom, you get the settings/friends page.
Here’s a screenshot from one of our next Snapchat Tutorials.