Do you have students between the ages of 5-15 years old?
Join us for a digital citizenship book signing with author: Josh Ochs Monday, October 26, 2015 from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM (PDT).
The first 50 registered attendees get a free copy of Josh’s new book “Light, Bright and Polite: Use Social Media to Impress Colleges and Future Employers.”
Special thanks to our friends at Starbucks for supporting the local community and helping to keep families safe online.
What: Josh will be available to sign books and talk about social media best practices with parents of students in Elementary School, Middle School and High Schools in Santa Monica (and the surrounding areas).
Who: Parents, Teachers and Students are welcome to attend.
When: Monday, October 26, 2015 from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM (PDT)
Where: Starbucks – 1426 Montana Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90403 – Google Map
About the “Light, Bright, & Polite” book:
This book shows Teens and Tweens how to create an online portfolio of accomplishments.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this book:
- How social media can help and hurt your kid’s future
- How to talk with your kids about social media (and when to get involved)
- How to create your kid’s long-term online image plan
- Common social media mistakes kids (and parents) make
- How colleges and future employers will search for you online
- Networks that help you own the first page of your Google results
- Social media posts that impress colleges
- Online activities that impress future employers
- Case studies from successful kids that are making a difference
Buy now on Amazon, Barnes & Noble or GoodReads.
Do you have Spanish speaking parents at your school? We translated this book on Amazon to “Seguro, Atento y Simpatico.”
About the author Josh Ochs:
Josh Ochs trains students how to shine online using social media.
Josh Ochs is the author of the bestselling book “Light, Bright And Polite” and he travels the country training 30,000 Teens and Tweens each year. He shows kids how to use social media to create a portfolio of accomplishments that impress colleges and employers. He also speaks to thousands of parents each year to bring them up to speed on how they can have a dialog with their kids about social media safety.
Josh Ochs on Ch 12 Kansas News about Digital Citizenship