David Kaufmann is a teacher and father. He shares what he learned when he went 8 days without social media. Learn what he missed, why he went back, what he liked, and what he’s going to do differently moving forward.
What did I learn during my 8 days without social media?
- I was more productive and focused on tasks
- I had more time and interaction with my children
- There was more time to focus on real conversations at restaurants
- My phone is still an important tool to use without social media apps
- I had even more communication with my spouse
- Really lost the need to “share” pics or post any type of statement
What I missed when not using social media:
- Selling items on Facebook
- Finding discounted tickets on Facebook
- Seeing pictures of a new baby within my extended family that were posted on Instagram
- Missing other events from family members, that I don’t see as often
Why did I go back? School is out for the summer?!
I went back because of a 4th of July Celebration in my neighborhood. I was one of the two who manages the Facebook page for our development and approves postings. The two that are organizing the celebration aren’t as tech savvy as I am with the computer—“this is what you do for a job”…….So I had to get back on and put the posting up.